Privacy & Security
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and any other applicable privacy laws.
The Dolls House Emporium is registered in England and Wales (registration number 07882931) at High Holborn Road, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3YD and is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office (registration number Z628004X).
The personal information we collect about you
When you make a purchase from The Dolls House Emporium (including purchases made through the website, over the phone, in-store or on an order form) we may collect the following personal information about you:
- your name, title (Mr, Miss, Mrs, Ms, Dr), date of birth
- your contact details: billing and delivery postal address, phone, e-mail and fax details
- if you have registered with us, your customer number and password
- if you place an order with us, your payment card details
- information from credit reference agencies for requests for multi part payment orders
- who you are buying for
- how you found out about us
- your communication preferences.
How we may store and use your personal information
The Dolls House Emporium may collect, store and process your personal information:
- to make the website available to you if you have a registered email address, customer number or password
- to process your payment card details and, in certain instances, disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to assess your suitability for multi part payment orders
- for processing and despatching your order
- to keep you informed about the processing of your order
- to quality assure service levels provided by Royal Mail and our designated delivery company
- to inform you about stockists of our products in your locality
- to obtain feedback on your shopping experience with us to assist with improving how we operate
- to obtain feedback on our products and services to assist with quality control, research and development, analysis, testing, product range and risk management
- to make you aware of promotional offers, prize draws, loyalty offers and competitions
- to obtain feedback on promotions and keep you informed about products and services which we think may interest you
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty under and order of a governmental or law enforcement body to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes)
Responsibility to young persons
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have suitable electronic, physical and management systems to safeguard personal information. Our computer systems are protected to prevent intrusions (hacking) via the internet. Our website uses a Thawte server certificate to verify our use of industry standard internet encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode and securely transfer personal information you send to us. At the bottom right of your website browser will be displayed an image of a closed padlock. However, whilst we take appropriate measures to safeguard personal information, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure.
If you wish to verify details submitted to us we may request proof of identity before revealing information, normally in the form of your email address, customer number and password.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from The Dolls House Emporium asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- to ask what personal information we hold about you, subject to the relevant fee at the time specified by law
- to ask us to update or correct, free of charge, any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we hold about you
- to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
- if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we may send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail.
We are always pleased to hear from our customers and grateful for any time spent providing us with information to ensure complete satisfaction. If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, if you wish to exercise one of your rights, or if you have any privacy-related feedback or questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us: 0800 011 4411
- e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to us at our freepost address: The Dolls House Emporium, High Holborn Road, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3YD England
Updates to this policy