Who's who in your dolls' house?
22 March 2013
Flicking through some web pages about Victorian England
, we spotted this blog about everyone who might live in a grand house.
So whether you're a fan of Downton or the late, lamented Upstairs Downstairs, this guide - borrowed from the BBC - might help.
It deals with those who live "below stairs" but may give some characters to provide inspiration for you!
We've added some links to help you visualise our suggestions!
A GUIDE TO VICTORIAN SERVANTS
* The butler - in charge of the house
, coachmen, footmen and wine cellar.
* The housekeeper - responsible for the housemaids and carried keys to the china and linen cupboards.
* The ladies maid - the mistress of the house's personal attendant
, helping her dress and do her hair.
* The valet
- the master's manservant, attending to his requests and preparing his clothes and shaving tools.
* The cook - ran the kitchen and larder
, overseeing the kitchen, dairy and scullery maids.
* The governess - educated and cared for the children.
* The hallboy
- worked 16-hour days, lighting all the lamps and candles and polishing the staff boots.
* The tweeny - in-between stairs maid
earned £13 a year, worked seven days a week from 5am-10pm.
Hello dolly! New doll videos to watch...
3 August 2012
If you've been enjoying the latest video shoots from The Dolls House Emporium, tune in to the latest batch...
There's a selection of dolls to see now, on films which run alongside dozens of other product videos on our very own youtube channel
Click on Thomas the butler to see more of his friends!
* Please note, the actual doll product is not animated.